A message from El Presidente, Samuel Escobar (12:00pm Thursday 30 July ,2020)-
Hello LMFC Family,
Hoping you and your families are well.
Myself and the rest of the committee wanted to provide an update on the current covid19 situation following three new cases recorded in Logan of novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The government has asked the community to remain alert but not alarmed and the club will also be taking this approach.
Below are a few specific notes from the zoom call i attended with Football Brisbane and clubs last night PLUS some notes from Queensland Health
- Players or staff who attend the schools (Parklands Christian College – Park Ridge and Chatswood Hills State School – YMCA Outside School Hours Care) are NOT permitted to participate in football until they are no longer required by QLD Health to self isolate
- Any students who DO NOT attend the above institutions can continue to participate in sport as usual
- players who themselves do not attend one of the above institutions but have teammates who do can continue to participate in football as usual, minus any players who attend the above institutions;
- at this stage, QLD Health is not requiring the team mates of players who attend the above institutions to self-isolate.
- Any individuals who were present at these locations at the relevant times are asked to immediately self-quarantine and contact 13 HEALTH.
- Matches scheduled to take place this weekend will continue as fixtured, unless advised otherwise
- we have to be more diligent with attendance registration (via the QR code located on the entry wall) as that is the tracing method for anyone infected . So our players and anyone attending the club MUST register in and out of our club or when they go away to other clubs. QR code registration list goes to FQ
- continue to Do the 3-
1. Wash your hands
2. Keep your distance
3. Download the COVIDSafe App
- if you’re experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, stay home and speak to your doctor about getting tested.
We’ll regularly be updating our LMFC family if anything changes. You can keep updated with the governments response here-
Thank you for your understanding, please follow all instructions from the relevant authorities and look after each other.
I know there is a lot of uncertainty in our community, but let’s stay calm and do our part. If you need to talk to someone , we are here to listen or there are places that we can refer you to
Together we are stronger