To our LMFC family and supporters,
Firstly, I’m hoping that you are all well and largely unaffected by these floods. If there is anything we can do to help please reach out and let us know.
Also that our thoughts are with our football family currently doing it super tough with these floods, we know the effort required to maintain football facilities and it’s so heartbreaking to see the damage mother nature has left.
The Logan Metro FC committee wanted to give all our members and supporters an update now that we’re a few days in.
– Thankfully our facility at Compton Park in Woodridge was unaffected due to where and how it’s situated.
– After an inspection this afternoon (Tuesday 1st March) we’re happy to say the fields will reopen on Wednesday 2nd March for our miniroos, women’s teams and metro men’s teams to resume training. *However the field won’t be mowed until next week.
– The facility will remain closed on Tuesday night. Our FQPL squad have already made alternative arrangements for training.
– Football Queensland confirmed over the weekend that ALL games this coming weekend (4-6 March) have been postponed. Football Queensland will advise in due course the plan for the restart of games.
We’re aware and proud that a lot of individuals involved with the club are volunteering and helping their communities with the clean up. We continue to encourage the LMFC family to get out and support our great community.
Below you can find a list of resources on how you can help and volunteer-
– Football Queensland Flood Support Hub- https://footballqueensland.com.au/club-support-hub/flood-support/
– Brisbane City Council Mud Army 2.0- https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/community-and-safety/community-safety/february-2022-severe-weather-event-council-updates-and-impacts/mud-army-20
As a club and committee we will also actively keep our eyes open and reach out to some of our neighbouring football clubs and communities to see if there’s an opportunity to get our full club and sponsors involved in any way possible.
Please feel free to reach out to myself or any of the committee if you have any questions or concerns.